Friday, January 11, 2008

Don't use Process Monitor at Windows 2000

Yesterday, I try ProcMon at one of my customer server, that server is a Windows 2000 SP4 with Update Rollup 1, so I think the ProcMon should be running smoothly on that server, but after I start that application and click the Agree button , the server restart it self... it seems the server got crash and it took more than 10 minutes so that server finish it boot process. Thank god I try that outside office hour, if i do that while the customer still work..you can guess what kind of email i will got here... There should be a warning at the Process Monitor web , that this tool can cause crash on windows 2000.... btw I use this tool because it is recommended by MS at their technet web.... well that a story of the day ,,,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed, same BSOD on multiple Win 2K workstations for me.

Unknown said...

Agreed, same BSOD on multiple Win 2K workstations for me.